It’s not easy staying positive all the time, but man, does it ever feel good! If you’re anything like me, all it takes is something to trigger the negative thoughts waiting in line like at a door-crasher sale…and as much as you want to pull away from all the madness, you can’t just shake it off and walk away.
And remember, it’s not up to anyone but YOURSELF to get you out of this rut.
Here are some gentle ways to turn that frown upside down:
- Write in your Gratitude Journal (jot down appreciation for people and things around you, as well as gratitude for you being you!)
- Play or cuddle with your pet
- Call your best friend
- Go for a walk and breathe in the fresh air
- Watch a comedy, something super ridiculous
- Turn on your favourite jam and shake what your mama gave you
- Browse the “positive quotes” or “happy quotes” Pinterest boards
If all else fails, try try again! Eventually, you will feel lighter and be able to reason with yourself and probably even laugh off what was upsetting you. No matter who you are, what you do, where you’re from…there is always always always something to be grateful and happy for. Remember that.