…make lemon water and detox the cr*p out of your system!
The boyfriend & I have recently re-acquired a morning routine of downing room temperature lemon water first thing in the morning. We prepare it the night before, sleep, wash up, brush our teeth, and then drink up that delicious citrus!
- Aid digestion
- Boosts immune system, source of vitamin C
- Reduces inflammation
- Increases weight loss
- Detoxes system
- Clears skin, acne and wrinkles
- Gives an energy boost
- Freshens breath
- Provides source of potassium
- Helps cut out caffeine
- Helps fight viral infections
If this doesn’t sell you on drinking lemon water, I don’t know what will.
How to prepare it:
- Grab a glass jar with a tight lid
- Use a citrus juicer to squeeze a full lemon into the jar
- Fill with water
- (Optional) Add cayenne pepper, to help with digestion and increase metabolism
- Seal jar with lid
- Leave on bathroom counter to enjoy first thing in the morning
Alternatively, you can prepare it fresh in the morning by mixing cold & boiled water. It’s recommended to drink it warm to keep the most nutrients and reap the most benefits!
$hopping tip – Costco Canada sells a bag of about 15 lemons for $7.99, which is almost half the price of other grocery stores!
*Update – Feb 15th, 2016* Costco now also sells bags of Meyer Lemons, which are a hybrid between lemons & mandarin oranges. So good, AND they’re cheaper!
Hope you enjoy this refreshing wake-me-up! Comment below if you already do this and share the results you’ve noticed.