This place used to be a pool hall that my boyfriend & I came to for date night a couple times. It was never busy and I guess eventually the business went ka-put. All of a sudden this neapolitan pizza place called Pizzeria Spacca Napoli opened up and there have been line ups out the door ever since, so of course we had to try it! We went last night at 6:15pm and waited over an hour to get a table. Not because of slow service, but because there were THAT many people craving neapolitan pizza.
Once we were seated, everything started flowing. Our server greeted us, took our drink orders…the drinks came fast despite how busy the bar looked, and then she took our food orders…the pizza came and then we cut it up ourselves with the provided scissors. We were a little weirded out that we had to cut our own pizza, but I assumed it was just a tradition…and that it was. I came home and Google’d it. HERE is what to expect when you go to a neapolitan pizzeria!
Prosciutto E Funghi – Capricciosa – Double Smoked
(Missing from photo: Boscaiola – my personal fave!)
Wood Fire Oven
- Friendly, welcoming service all around
- Host offered a yummy appetizer to those waiting outside
- Nicely designed interior
- Wide menu selection of drinks and pizza
- Drinks and food were served quickly
- Every pizza we ordered was flavourful and cooked to perfection
- Long wait (quoted us 30 min, ended up waiting 1.25 hrs)
- Middle of crust was a bit soggy from the tomato sauce
- Price is a little high but you can tell they are more upscale
Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed it. Not sure if we’ll be back anytime too soon though, because of two reasons – the long wait and the fact that we have a long list of other places to try on our cheat days; but I’d definitely recommend this place to friends. Great atmosphere, great service, great menu.
Where’s your favourite pizzeria?