Even though there are COUNTLESS workout routines available on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, etc…sometimes it’s fun to put the control in your hands and build your OWN. Not quite sure how to start though? Here’s one way, in the format of a fat-burning circuit!
- Download ‘Tabata Timer’, or any interval timer app
- Think of your 9 favourite exercises (tips: choose bodyweight or dumbbell exercises for quick transitions and easy accessibility, and select a range of exercises to cover all muscle groups)
- Write them down in sets of 3
- Try it!
This is how my app is set up. I do a 3 minute warm-up (ie: jumping jacks, skip rope, high knees, walking lunges) then I start the app. I do each set of exercises 3x around before going on to the next set. With this, it runs for just under 23 minutes and then I do a cool-down stretch. From start to finish, I’m done in 30 minutes and dripping sweat!
Options to make it more challenging:
- Add another set of 3 exercises
- Do 4 rounds of each set, instead of 3
- Workout for more time, rest for less time
- Add weights, increase the intensity, move faster
I’m not going to post the exercises that I use in my circuits, to allow you to think up your own 🙂 but if you’d like suggestions, feel free to contact me or leave a comment!
Hope you give this a try, and have a fun sweat sesh!